January 19, 2009

Coastal Community


Taken by Sara Dean
"Coastal Community" was done several years ago (1999) when I first started painting. My first art instructor was Barbara McFarland. She held a Monday night painting class at Lyn Arts that I attended for nearly three years. We were encouraged to paint from what we liked and this particular painting was done from a photograph in a magazine of another artist's painting. I did not, at the time, keep accurate records of the artist's name, so I always have to ask forgiveness of the artist I copied as I don't want to infringe on their copyrights. Since this painting is free, it might help them to be accepting of it, I don't know. Anyway...here is My Daily Offering for today. It was painted on watercolor paper with gouache and measures 9" x 12".

Will Not the End Explain

From "Springs in the Valley" for the 2nd of March..... Will not the end explain The crossed endeavor, earnest purpose foiled, ...