June 16, 2007

No painting as of today. Have tried to do some but life seems to always happen...as in other people lives that require attention. MAS and I worked the AMA volunteer table today and made some contacts and learned some interesting facts. Ran into a lady at the airport, who was just sitting there waiting for her friend as I was, and as we talked I learned that she used to "live around the corner" from MAS...no kidding here.....and she loved our work and took one of our postcards. Another lady sitting next to me, in the baggage area, overheard our very interesting conversation and chimed in. Found out she and her husband were starting a new business and she was wanting to put art on the wall of the new business and was looking for local artists. I told her about our giclees and she took three of our postcards. I got her email address to stay in touch. You just never know where you will find people interested. Tomorrow I paint shoes....I keep telling myself that. Maybe the planets might align and I shall have the opportunity to go to the studio to actually put brush to canvas. Oh wait....it's Father's Day tomorrow. Life might get in the way again!!!

2 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

Hi C2. I think I am blogging.
Hope you get this as I went to CBC's blog then to yours.
Good luck and I like your painting and the drawing of the shoes.
MW

Anonymous said...

Great networking. We artists need all the word of mouth we can get. I like your sketch and can't wait to see your shoe painting. Keep up the great work. Jackie

Will Not the End Explain

From "Springs in the Valley" for the 2nd of March..... Will not the end explain The crossed endeavor, earnest purpose foiled, ...