May 26, 2008

The Bee Keeper

"Bee Keeper" is the second offering in a series of smaller paintings (5x7) that were done under the tutelage of my friend and fellow Canvas by Canvas member, Nancy Standlee. For many months I have been contemplating my style of painting and have been wanting to move more towards the expressive rather than realistic. I'm not extremely good at realistic anyway. You simply have to paint to get better and I have not been doing that. Right now, Claire Harrigan is someone that I am very interested in studying. Nancy had Claire's recent book with her and I was immediately drawn to her style of design and use of color. It fascinated me and I've been wanting to try and learn to incorporate some of her style into my own. She is wonderful and I would love to meet her. But alas...she's Scottish and lives aboard.

4 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

The bee keeper is another jewel in you series, C2. Thanks for sharing and I enjoyed the link with Claire Harrigan. So happy you are blogging.
Margie

Elizabeth Taylor said...

Cindy, I'm so glad you have found your groove with these little jewels. They are delightful and I hope to see more of them on your blog soon. BT

Nancy Standlee said...

Cindy, congrats on another successful painting and thanks for mentioning my blog. It is so encouraging to find an artist ready to take the leap to finding their own style and I'm proud you're painting for yourself again.

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

HI Cindy,

I found your site through Nancy's site. I too, have been inspired by Nancy's work and am totally envious of the workshops she has been taking.I am starting a series of small experimental paintings. I really like your little wedded bliss painting.Well done!

Will Not the End Explain

From "Springs in the Valley" for the 2nd of March..... Will not the end explain The crossed endeavor, earnest purpose foiled, ...