April 13, 2009

Dragonflies and a Red Dress




Dragonflies Pendant & The Red Dress
Good Monday morning everyone.
I received an email from a good friend, Diane Sawczyn, last night asking me if My Daily Offering could be used to help some friends of hers that are in need. Their names are Mike and Meloney Biggerstaff and their son's name is Cody. They live in Fort Collins, Colorado. Cody, who is 16, is battling leukemia and has already had a bone marrow transplant from his younger sister as well as months of chemotherapy and radiation. Cody and his family are still recovering from the last round of treatment and bills and now the cancer is back with a vengeance. Cody is currently undergoing treatment in Denver and Meloney needs to be with Cody. Mike and Meloney have two daughters who are young and are still at home. Mike is staying with them so they can continue with their school and he can continue to work. Mike is a railroad engineer and is away from home quite a bit for his job. They stayed at the Ronald McDonald house during the first round of treatments but they have used their allotted time up there. The help would be to assist Meloney in paying for a place to stay while Cody is undergoing treatment.
Diane Sawczyn is a good friend of mine and is currently living in Australia. Her husband is a traveling nurse. I went to high school with Diane and she has a heart of gold. She has sent me several pieces of the jewelry that she makes to put on "My Daily Offering" so I will be posting those all this week and some of next. Diane has the jewelry with her and will be sending it from Australia to those that want it, so expect a few extra days for shipping.
Above is my painting, "The Red Dress", which is done in the style of Itzchak Tarkay. It measures 11"x14" and is done in gouache on watercolor paper. It is not matted or framed. Beside my painting is Diane's first offering. She calls it "Golden Dragonflies". Here is her description of the pendant. "Golden dragonflies dance on clear amber colored glass with black, patterned, and orange accents. Floating pendant needs no bail so it can be worn with gold or silver. Pendant size: approximately 1.25: x 2.5".
You know things are free to those who ask here on My Daily Offering, and that will continue to be the case. I would just ask you to prayerfully consider supporting the Biggerstaff family during this time of need. I know there are thousands of people out there that might need help. This is the family that the Lord has put in my path. We have to help those that He either brings to us or shows us. It could be you or me tomorrow.
In His Love,
Cindy

Will Not the End Explain

From "Springs in the Valley" for the 2nd of March..... Will not the end explain The crossed endeavor, earnest purpose foiled, ...