July 12, 2007

ASPENS

This is one of my all time favorite paintings. It is framed and hanging, under glass, in my living room, hence the small white reflections in the upper part of the trees. I figured everyone could forgive those glares knowing it was the best I could do under the circumstances. I put it on here because a friend was over to my house today to pick up some frames my husband had made for her and she suggested I put it on my blog. So...Betty...just for you, here it is. It reminds me so much of my home state of Colorado. I am drawn to any painting or photo of Aspens. That is why it is so special to me. It is not for sale...unless someone were to offer me a million dollars. Any takers? LOL

"Aspens" Gouache on watercolor paper, 11" x 14" unframed 16" x 20" framed ~~ alas...NSF

2 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

C2, what a beautiful painting. We are going to be in Cuchara Colorado in August, I can't wait.
The Aspens are so pretty. We don't get to see them turn but we enjoy them when they are green.
Thanks for sharing this painting.
mw

Cindy Campbell said...

Why you're more than welcome dear Margie. I'm glad you like something that is so dear to my heart. C2

Will Not the End Explain

From "Springs in the Valley" for the 2nd of March..... Will not the end explain The crossed endeavor, earnest purpose foiled, ...