July 10, 2007

Pretty in Pink

This not a recent painting, but has always been one of my favorites. I distinctly remember Maryann telling me that I needed a wee touch of every so light pink on the stem of the tulip to tie it to the flower. That was exactly what I did need and it made the difference. ~ Today I was late to the Upstairs Gallery for our Canvas by Canvas painting session. Nancy and Barbara were the only ones there in the morning and Margie came in the afternoon. I picked up CY and we all four headed for Luby's to eat lunch. Everyone got what they wanted and we talked about our new and soon to be revealed R3 series which we have tentatively entitled "Mini Series". These mini's will be 6"x 6" canvases and will be done in different themes. Check out our Canvas by Canvas blog on a daily basis for the new arrivals. There has already been a hint of our first theme in a previous post! Check it out on our blog. Tell us what you think!! We love to hear from you. ~ I wanted to get a painting done for my sister for her birthday but I ended up just gessoing over the whole thing and will start again another day. I don't have long as I'll be headed to Colorado next week.
Pretty in Pink is 11" x 14" Acrylic on canvas panel ~~ $100

4 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

Hey C2, what about meeeeee! I was there too. mw

Nancy Standlee said...

This has always been a favorite of mine and remember, I had to paint a tulip after seeing this one. Later maybe a series of flower mini's? Watch for CBC surprises.

Connie Michael said...

Beautiful tulip, C2. Maybe you should contact Jackson and Perkins at www.jacksonandperkins.com and see if they can use this for their gardening catalog!

Cindy Yandell Parker said...

You sure were Margie, our bloggernut supreme, and you painted all your Canvas by Canvas squares, cupcake and shoes!!

Will Not the End Explain

From "Springs in the Valley" for the 2nd of March..... Will not the end explain The crossed endeavor, earnest purpose foiled, ...