August 28, 2010

More PB&JJ Quilts OR My Piddlin' Day.

The final arrangement.
(Although not the complete arrangement.)

Yesterday I spent most of the morning arranging and fidgiting with my PB&JJ blankets. (I've changed the name of these blankets AGAIN...because I can't seem to settle on any one name.) It will either be PB&JJ or PBJ&J...can't decide. Here's what it stands for...in case you missed it the first time.
P-Prayers

B-Blessings

J-Joy

J-Jesus

Just can't decide on the configuration of the initials...
I'd like the J for Jesus to be first
but don't think JPB&J has the same ring as PB&JJ.
I still like it with just one "J"
but don't want to leave the Lord out
and
Joy comes in the morning.
but
only if the baby sleeps through the night. :)
If any of you have any suggestions
as to what I should name these little gems,
please please write to me with your suggestions.

back to the quilts



First I stacked them this way....

Then I stacked them like books in a library.
Another shot of the library.

Then a close up......of the "books"

I ended up with the final although
incomplete arrangment at the very top of this post.
I haven't quite figured out the
photo uploading process on this blog
but I think I may have found my own
way around it.

So.......
aside for the quilt-play
and the piddlin'
I did very little yesterday.
Oh wait...
I did finish 8 more quilt tops.
How quickly one forgets what they've
done the day before. I need to journal more
huh Nancy? LOL

I just put a pot of black beans on to soak to make
a yummy black bean soup recipe I found.
If and when the recipe gets made I will
post my exploits here even if my
endeavor is a failure.
Exploits and Endeavors.
Sounds like another blog to me.
(Sounds like an Inspector Morse clue to me!)
that's an inside joke for those who watch Morse

More tomorrow....if I don't piddle too much.


In, to, and for Him.
Cindy

4 comments:

Nancy Standlee said...

Yes, my dear you need to be journaling so you can remember how many quilts you made in the summer of 2010. If the black bean soup is good please share the recipe. Wish I had some right now then I wouldn't have to go out looking for food. Your blankets are lovely and good luck on a name. Ask Charles Hackney?

b said...

I came here looking for new posts....whatcha been doin lately? hmmm little lady? a comedic blog post is requested. thanks and buh bye.

Cindy Yandell Parker said...

Hey girl, glad you are back! Black bean soup sounds well, souper! I want to see some of those quilts laid out so you can see the whole design.
I went through my cedar chest the other day and found a packet of quilting squares I had saved from my grandmother. I would love to have a small quilt from them, maybe you could do that, get back to me.
lu-bg

Anonymous said...

I'd love to help you with a quilt out of the squares you found. Maybe more quilt pictures later. Right now I'm on to new projects. :)

Will Not the End Explain

From "Springs in the Valley" for the 2nd of March..... Will not the end explain The crossed endeavor, earnest purpose foiled, ...