August 26, 2010

My salt and pepper shakers' POV and cinnamon muffins too!

Today was one of our days at Corner Bakery. We go on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, unless we can't and then we cry. JK As I stated before, they do have the very best coffee and it's free refills.
Bowtie Man: "But there's no coffee in the cups yet!" ok ok ok
Let me get this close up of the muffins first then I'll go fill the coffee cups.
I get the coffee because I have to doctor mine....Bowtie man doesn't. He says he drinks it like a real man...black. Have him tell you the story of how he went from cream and sugar man to "I take it black" man. :)
There...is that better?
Yes, that is better. Much better....he says.
Another view just in case you missed the one above.....
We eat our muffins backwards...crunchy sweet side down so it's our last part of the muffin to eat.
"Feed the Day".....
Moving on....

I was serious about that salt and pepper shaker view.
My favorite salt and pepper shakers. (currently) Those cute white birds...admiring the blueness and brownness of the new quilt. Ok...so it's only pieced but the quilting part takes a little less time than the cutting out, the arranging & putting together and the piecing. What am I saying...?... it all takes time.
Below: the side view for effect. :)
Here is a the full monty. (OK...not really)
So there it is....
The fully finished quilt won't look much different. It might be a few days for the finish project to emerge from the studio door...but I will post it when done. Since I made it a little bigger than the other PB&J Blankets, (5 squares by 5 squares instead of the normal 4 sq. by 5 sq.) I now do not have a piece of fabric big enough for the backing. Well, at least one big enough that I want to use. DRAT IT ALL ANYWAY!!! That means another trip to Joann's Fabrics to find the backing and that means more temptation. I literally have to pray my way through the aisles of that place. SO much to see and way way way tooooo much to buy. Pray for me as I venture forth. I'm serious about that request btw.
I find the day goes much better when handled with prayer and supplication. It's hard for me to understand it, but the Lord says he likes for me to talk to Him about everything. So be it....
More tomorrow....or maybe later today.
In, to, and for Him,
Cindy

4 comments:

Margie Whittington said...

I recognize those little white bird salt and pepper shakers. So cute. I enjoyed having coffee and muffins with you and "The Bowtie Man"!
m

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT, the quilt I mean!!! I think John and Laura will be thrilled with it! You are such a sweet Auntie and Great Auntie.

As for the muffins and coffee, I want to come!!! That sounds like a fun thing to look forward to each week. And you and Bowtie Man are just weird - you eat it from the bottom up to save the sweetest part for last??? You make me laugh, and that's a good thing, I need a laugh - often! So keep them coming!

Nancy Standlee said...

Now I want a muffin with my coffee. You've posted way too many photos of those sweet morsels. Enjoyed the post and do love your quilts - little bird S&P shakers also.

Cindy Campbell said...

Thanks Nancy. You really must try the cinnamon muffins...they are yummmy...with three "m's". Get the girls together for breakfast!!!

Will Not the End Explain

From "Springs in the Valley" for the 2nd of March..... Will not the end explain The crossed endeavor, earnest purpose foiled, ...